11.27.2008

Costume Wish List





I received an email the other day from a costume vendor. I'm admiring the costumes posted; they are on my wish list. I'm seriously considering purchasing or making a costume out of some type of lycra blend fabric. One of these will be my inspiration to draft something for myself. The purple is different, the layering of fabric in contrasting colors is what I like. The beledi dress is always been a winner. The dress with the rings looks good, it might be challenging to get the loops adjusted just right. Not much room to gain a pound! After an extensive web search, it's obvious that the trend of costuming is going the stretch fabric route. All or most of the beading is attached to the skirt, this does not require the need for the traditional belt. Will this be the end of the 2 piece Bedlah as we have know it? Not sure, but it will always have a special place in my heart, not to mention the circle skirt. Does anyone have any thoughts on the new trend of belly dance costumes?

No comments: