12.03.2008

Ruboff complete!




Recently, I purchased a top & pants to wear for class. I liked the top so much that I began to search the web for a pattern similar to the top and pants. Not much luck on these particular designs. I've come to find out that "certain" designs are NOT in pattern form! Well one thing lead to another, after reading blog post on "how to copy a pattern" I tried my hand at this one. It just seemed that this is something I could do. It's simple, using stretch fabric is not too challenging and I do have the proper needles. I selected a white knit in my bundle of don't know what to make with this. I used brown wrapping to rub off the top pattern, it was easy enough. I did past the suggestion of making a muslin of the top first, it would not work for stretch fabric. It came out well. Sad to say I did not have white thread, grey will do it's a trial copy and just for class so why sweat the threads. I have copies of the pants, these I will tackle very soon.

The white top is the rub off. The maroon, velvet is the basic choli pattern from Annabella (she is listed in my links), this pattern is invaluable if you are a dancer. It works in stretch velvet, and other types of stretch fabrics. I've made it at least 10 times. You can also add sleeve drapes, an easy pattern for me. Tip: get the darts just right and listen to music while you work!

www.spandexworld.com stretch fabric galore
www.denverfabrics.com a good selection of costume fabrics

The new issue of Threads magazine(for people who love to sew) is out, nice article on sewing with velvet. www.threadsmagazine.com
Sew Stylish article on "Make Your Own Simple Patterns." www.craftystylish.com

No comments: