1.18.2010

Class with Amel Tafsout

Yes if many of you have not figured it out yet I have relocated to the Dallas Fort Worth area. I was very sad to leave my Troupe Nayliyat and teaching classes, which I really do miss the most.

I'm happy to say I won't be bored. Dallas has a large and active belly dance community. There is always something to do here. I attended the 3rd Coast Tribal the weekend before and it was just fab. I registered to take the class with Amel Tafsout, Tunisian! I attended the lecture afterwards on tribal symbols and markings. I picked up on many new things to me; I was not aware of and dance until my knees literally hurt. Tunisian is very intense or am I out of shape :O The "horse dance" and miming were fun.

3rd Coast Tribal did a good job of bring in a variety of instructors. I found out about it late so some of the classes that I wanted were sold out. The vendors had sooooooo much tribal stuff...it was a tribal feast for the eyes! The workshop was held at the Rose Theatre in Fort Worth, great venue for stage shows; other areas for classes. All in all I enjoyed.

You just can't get enough of Amel!

www.ameltafsout.com/

www.3rdcoasttribal.us/

No comments: