5.05.2009

Eastern Illinois University



This past Saturday, May 2nd, we had a road trip to Charleston, Illinois. We performed at Celebration: A Festival of the Arts. This year was the 1st Annual Event. It was a pleasure to attend. From the Funnel Cakes to the variety of booths with food and craft choices. I dined on a Gyro sandwich after dancing, yummy! And got a chance to hold the snake, too bad I had on so much tribal jewelry I could not place it around my neck in costume. I will make a mental note for next time.

Charleston, is just about 2 hours and 20 minutes travel time. One rest stop and we were there. Playing your favorite belly tunes does help to pass the time away.

We took the usual picture break and got the turbans on break neck speed. The rain was not our friend, so we avoided dancing in the mud. A slab of concrete will do us just fine.

Our most supportive supporters were with us. It's not too bad going on a road trip with the troupe, I actually enjoyed the company, and laughs.

No comments: