4.13.2009

It's all about the Tribal Belt


The winter months are s l o w, not many festivals. But Spring is here! You could not tell by the weather in STL. There will be 2 events for the troupe to look forward to National Dance Week, Earth Day and our monthly Raks Sharki meeting!

Dusting off my costumes, some adjustments to be made and maybe an refurbish to one of the tribal belts. I like the more textured yarn that I'm seeing used on the belts now. I'm pondering what color combo to use, all 3 in the veil or just 2? Decisions, decisions.

The picture posted is of Rania's belt! I adore the various textures & colors. It worked well with her costume. I could easily see this as a crossover belt. Puts me in the mind of a tribal gypsy, if there is such a thing.

National Dance Week, Saturday, April 25th @ Union Station
http://www.nationaldanceweekstl.com/

Earth Day is Sunday, April 26th in Forest Park
http://www.stlouisearthday.org/

Raks Sharki in STL....Sunday, April 26th (Should I do a costume change???)

No comments: